Stamford Lane United Church
Thanksgiving Service is October 7, 2018
10:00am Family Communion
Marjorie Slinn is retiring as music Director on Thanksgiving Sunday…
A time to offer your expressions of thanks.
There will be a Thanksgiving Tree for you to place your colourful card, note or leaf on for Marjorie. Bring your family and plan to stay for a piece of cake.
We will be collecting canned or dry goods for Project SHARE on Thanksgiving Sunday.
Your donations are greatly appreciated.
Rev. Doug Mitchell leads worship
while Marjorie Slinn directs the Bells.
October 21st --- Queen Esther: The Story of Purim ----
The senior Sunday School class presents: The Book of Esther. Penny Soulsby and Carole Jarvis has been preparing costumes. The Praise Team have been learning two pieces of music on the theme, "For Such a Time as This."
October 28th--- Jesus Tells A Ghost Story
The children and teen choir are singing
and invite everyone to wear their costumes for this Sunday!
November 4th--- "Those Hearts That We Have Treasured" John 11:17-36
Evan Rotella opened for our Java Coffeehouse last year and is back to share his talent
in worship. Evan is also an avid supporter of the “Light of Day” foundation for Parkinson’s research.
November 11th “We Are One As We Hear” -Remembrance Day Service
November 18th “We Are One as we Share”
-Join the atmosphere of praise.
November 25th “We Are One As We Come”
-Children sing on Baptism Sunday
Get a collection sheet to bring your friends
to the Stamford Lane United 71st Annual
Sat. October 27th, 2018
Adults $15 Children $7
4:30pm and 6:00pm
Sign-Up to help!
Major Progressions Music Therapy
Mallory (Warriner) Warkinton MMT, NMT, MTA, RP. 905-932-2233
will run the following programs every Monday at $15 per session for 6 weeks
- Rockabye Babies - A group for parent/caregiver and their baby under 1 year old. The groups focus is to help foster the bonding relationship between baby and parent/caregiver. Introducing music to infants is great for development of language skills, brain development and has social benefits as well, especially in a group setting.
- Little Stars - For children 1-3 and their parents. Exposing children to music at a young age has so many benefits! The focus will be social and cognitive development, healthy attachment, self regulation, and motor development.
- Girl Power- For girls 12-14 years old. In this group we want to give girls confidence to be the best they can be. We will talk about topics such as peer pressure, self-compassion, and healthy relationships.
- Caregivers group - This group is for adults who are caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s/Dementia, or other chronic diseases. Being a caregiver isn’t easy. Caregivers often forget to take the time to take care of their own mental and physical health. This group will give caregivers a supportive atmosphere to discuss struggles and successes, de-stress, and focus on their own mental well-being.
- Grief and bereavement group: a supportive group for individuals who are processing the loss of a loved one.
We will be making lots of music in all of the above groups, but no musical experience is required at all to participate.
Java 98 Coffeehouse 7:00pm
Sat. Oct. 13 and Sat. Nov. 10
October opener: “3 For All”
A wonderful open mic musical evening of entertainment for all ages.
Adults $3, Teens free
Musicians sign up to play 2 songs. $1 for coffee, tea, pop, pizza & baked goods.
Regular Schedule in the fall:
Praise Singers Sun. 9:00-9:30am
Quilt With Us Mon. 10:00-2:00pm
Walk With Us Mon. 10:00-11:00am
Restorative Yoga Mon. 10:30-11:40am
Bible Study Tues. 6:30-8:00pm
Joy Women 1st Wed. 9:30am
Restorative Yoga Wed. 7:00-8:00pm
Good News Women 2nd Wed. 7:00pm
Restorative Yoga Tues. 10:30-11:40am
Rainbow Ringers Thurs. 6:30-7:45pm
Explorers Thurs. 6:45-8:00pm
Venturers Thurs. 7:00-9:00pm
Adult Choir Thurs. 8:00-9:30pm
Sew With Us Fri. 10:00-2:00pm
In-Touch Luncheon 1st Fri. 12:15pm
Faith and Light 2nd Fri. 6:00-9:00pm
Tri-M 4th Fri. 7:30*
Children’s Choir Sat. 11:30am
Teen Choir Sat. 12:00am
Teen Bells Sat. 1:00pm
Java 98 2nd Sat. 7:00-10:00pm
Sunday School Sun. 10:00am
Worship Sun. 10:00am
check website calendar for changes
SEE YOU AT YOUR CHURCH
Please call the office today to sign up to:
Greet, Usher, Audio Visual, Serve at Receptions,
Visit, Teach Sunday School, Read, Lead Nursery…
Kristyn Schram lessons. Tuesdays 10:00am. Wednesdays 7:00pm. Thursday 10:30am
In-TouchCommittee invite you to lunch for $6 1st Friday Oct - May
Tri-M Mr, Mrs, Miss… You are invited to join
PAR Get a Pre Authorized Remittance form from the office to give directly and regularly to Stamford Lane United Church. Office@Stamfordlaneunited.ca
Church Management Software we chose: Donarius
Join a choir: Marjorie Slinn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cave Springs Camp can include you sponsored by Stamford Lane
Faith and Light
Friendship Room from 6:00 to 9:00 pm on second Friday of the month
Type your paragraph here.